Consumers are not only looking for information, but they’re also actively trying to interact with brands. If you’re a business offering products and services online, it might be challenging to capture the attention of your target audience with plain text ads.
This is where search ad extensions come into play. In this blog post, we tackle everything about ad extensions, including key objectives in delivering as extensions, ad extensions examples, and how ad extensions contribute to increasing user engagement.
Table of Contents
What are Google Ads Extensions?
Google Ad extensions are precise as they sound- they elongate your ad. Ad extensions add more comprehensive individualized information about your company to the main section of text in your advertisement.
Google automatically provides extensions with your ad based on the search context. These additional bits of information in ad extensions give value to the user and work effectively because they match user signals such as intent, location, or device.
Manual Google Ads Extensions
Let’s look at each of the Manual Google Ads extensions examples one by one.
Sitelink extensions are among the most widely used Google ad extensions. These extensions are additional links that appear on the SERP below your ad. Sitelinks are similar to ads in their construction and purpose.
Because of their friendly and accessible nature, Google Ads callout extensions are trendy. These extensions are short text blurbs (you’re only allowed up to 25 characters) that show after your ad descriptions.
Structured Snippet Extensions
Structured snippet extensions are similar to callout extensions but with a difference. These give a brief list or catalog of potential offerings. They are similar to callout extensions; they display directly next to your ad description content and do not appear to the reader to be any different.
Google Ads image extensions are a relatively new addition to the list of Google Ads extensions. Image extensions allow you to attach an image to your ad, increasing the chance of capturing additional attention.
Call extensions are created to drive calls to your company. It adds a phone number of your choice to your advertisement. The extension will show below the ad in mobile ads. It will appear next to your display URL on your desktop.
Lead form Extensions
If you want to improve your conversions, Google Ads lead form extensions can help you. Instead of needing to navigate through to a landing page, they let your visitors fill out a form straight on your ad.
Location extensions display an address below your ad copy. However, you cannot enter any previous address. In your settings, you’ll be able to select among locations that have already been synchronized to your account from your company information.
Affiliate Location Extensions
Google Ads designed the affiliate location extension for multi-location or franchise marketing. This templated extension allows you to select from a pre-selected list of general stores or auto dealers from across the world to add to your ad.
When a viewer views your ad, the affiliate location extensions will display the location of the nearest retail or auto chain.
This will allow you to list individual products with prices and descriptions. When a viewer views your ad, the affiliate location extensions will display the location of the nearest retail or auto chain.
A section of the extension contains Google-provided templated options, such as the sort of product you’re listing, the currency, and any price qualifiers.
App extensions boost app downloads below your ad content. You must already have your app listed on iOS or Android before searching for it to appear as an extension option.
Promotion extensions are ideal for special offers or discounts only available for a short period. They, like price extensions, enable you to select from a predefined set of promotion kinds, offer information, and currencies.
Automated Google Ads Extensions
As the concepts of dynamic site links are similar to manual ones, here is a brief list of all the Google Ads extensions.
- Dynamic site links: You can add, update, or remove links based on a user’s search query.
- Dynamic callouts: You can customize your message to reach users more effectively.
- Dynamic structured snippets: You can include specific products, services, and categories depending on a user’s search query.
- Seller ratings: You can display ratings based on your past customer reviews.
- Longer ad headlines: You can display up to 30 characters in your ad headline.
- Automated app extensions: You can drive app downloads with a single click.
- Dynamic location extensions: You can list nearby store locations based on the user’s current location.
- Automated location extensions: You can show nearby locations relevant to a user’s search query.
- Dynamic image extensions: You can display relevant images to a user’s search query.
Why Do Search Ad Extensions Matter?
Ad extensions are essential because they influence ad quality and increase engagement. But how can ad extensions contribute to increasing user engagement?
The answer is simple: search ad extensions provide more information and allow individuals to take action immediately from the search results. Extensions make your ad more visible, resulting in more clicks and critical user engagements, such as calls and messages.
What do Users Want?
Users want quick and easy access to the information they need. With search ad extensions, users don’t have to navigate through multiple pages on your website.
- Relevant information: Users use Google to find answers
- Info based on their moment: Users are increasingly consulting various sources across different platforms and are becoming more demanding and eager for outcomes.
- Ads that contribute to their experience: Ads are part of the Google ecosystem and adhere to the same guidelines.
Why Does it Matter to Users?
Here are some of the key causes why search ad extensions matter to users:
- Increased engagement: Using relevant ad extensions enhances the possibility of matching a user’s moment and addressing their signals, such as intent, device, interest, location, etc.
- Better ad quality: When evaluating the predicted effect of formats, we consider factors such as relevancy, clickthrough rate, and ad format prominence.
- More qualified leads: Users are more likely to complete the action suggested by the ad since they know what to encounter when they arrive on your website.
What’s a Key Objective in Delivering Ad Extensions?
Since marketing objectives need to be achieved, it’s essential to ensure that the ad extension delivers an optimal outcome. This means that the critical goal of Ad Extension is Providing the right users with the correct information at the right moment.
What Are the Pros of Using Ad Extensions in Your Google Ad Campaigns?
There are several advantages to utilizing Ad Extensions in your Google Ads campaigns, including the following:
- They help increase your quality score.
- They increase your Ad rank.
- They improve your visibility.
- They help you create better Ad copies.
- They improve your Return on Investment (ROI).
- They promote a higher incentive for users to click on an Ad.
- They promote a higher Clickthrough Rate (CTR).
Improve your Google Ad Campaigns Strategy Using an Ad Extension
Here are some key takeaways:
- Ad extensions are essential in improving ad campaigns’ visibility, engagement, and quality.
- Users want quick and easy access to the information they need.
- Ad extensions should provide the right users with the correct information at the right time.
- Ad extensions can lead to higher clickthrough rates, more qualified leads, and improved ROI.
- Leverage the correct data and understanding of user intent to make sure your ad extension provides the correct information.
Ad extensions allow for enhanced visibility and improved ad copy, which can lead to higher clickthrough rates and more qualified leads. With the right approach and strategy that our PPC marketing services can help you with, ad extensions can help you reach your objectives and increase ROI.
By leveraging the correct data and understanding user intent, you can ensure that your ad extension provides accurate information to the right users at the right time. You can contact us today, and we are willing to provide you with a tailored strategy to help you optimize your Google Ad campaigns and make the most of ad extensions.